Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Photographing Lady Gaga’s crown: A moment lost in infinity

A few years ago as we were preparing for the Vassilis Zoulias fashion show at the Hellenic motor museum Takis Tsadilis proposed me to photograph the crown I had made for the bridal look that would wear Ros Georgiou the now international top model. I took the tiara in a box and took it to his studio.  It was the first time I would go there, the first of many that would follow as time proved. Takis wanted to photograph the tiara in an atmospheric dark mood, and we put a couch in the center of the studio and placed  the tiara on it . He did several experiments with the lights as he is a perfectionist – a trade of character I love in people, who is common amongst those who love passionately what they do. I on the other hand I started photographing him, photographing the crown. He was puzzled and said: ‘What are you doing? I said “I am photographing the process”. “What process? “he asked again. I said “I photograph the process of what we do”. He said: “baby here  is what we want” and he showed me his camera. I said “no, what we want in life the experience of things not THE things themselves”. He looked at me and said “whatever” and had an expression like saying “you do your weird things, I don’t mind”. I took pictures of him around the crown and made him, the environment and the process my focus. An hour later we were done, I took the crown, returned home, transferred the backstage pics on my pc and never seen them again until today. Neither of us could imagine that this crown would be worn by the most famous woman on the planet, but we knew that there was something about it. This article is dedicated to all of the little but very precious moments of our lives that pass us by and never return, and to all of the things we “know” in our hearts, but our minds cannot grasp them only until they happen.

Thank you, until the next post I send you all my love,
Pericles

























No comments:

Post a Comment