Monday, January 26, 2015

A moment with Gianna Angelopoulos-Daskalaki

Gianna Angelopoulos-Daskalaki is a woman who is definitely THE fashion icon of Greece. She is known for her bold choices of colors, her perfect silhouette and her jaw – dropping jewelry – which is the reason why we adore her (one of many).
Gianna Angelopoulos has caused many comments with her brave style, especially by people who think that her style is excessive and over the top, but she doesn’t seem to care. She has her own style and is not afraid to stand out with her choices, perhaps this is why she managed to reach to the top: she didn’t put barriers in her mind about how much is too much. People cannot grasp her because she is larger than life and what seems eccentric to them, for her is part of her reality which manifests in her look.
I personally have seen her in many occasions and she always is the center of attention, not only for what she wears or for who she is, but because of her strong energy that attracts everybody to her. She has this magnetic aura in her and makes people crazy when she enters in a room.
I always admired her, her accomplishments, her great unafraid style, but when I read her book, I admired her as a persona too.
When I went in her book reading invited by Mr Davlas in Piraeus, I took my book to her and asked her kindly to sign it. Then I gave her as a present a blue coral collier with lava and golden plated bone and I told her: “this is for you”. She asked why I was giving it to her and I said “because you wrote in your book that you had to sell all your jewellery as a young woman when you came in Athens in order to survive. This is something like compensation”, and we laughed. The people around us were frenzy asking for pictures, autographs so she said “I am going to see it later”. I left moonstruck thinking of how incredible would be to see her wearing something mine.
I haven’t seen any pictures of her wearing it but who knows some day she may wear it!
I just wanted to share this funny moment that I had with her, and I will have her in my mind as the brightest star. No one else has this effect on people, at list in my estimation.

Here is a collection of her best appearances. Enjoy!






































































































No comments:

Post a Comment